Featured Video Play Icon

What is the best Education Agent to use?

Migration Agents are legal professionals and an Education agent is a sales professional. If an education agent gives you the incorrect advice, there is little that can be done. They can sell you the “dream” but why does this happen?

An education agent wants people in courses, and like car salespeople, they will show you around their particular courses and get you to sign up as soon as possible. It gets more complicated when Education agents sell visa “pathways” which are often very incorrect and over-simplified. The information is often very wrong and can have very negative financial and visa consequences for the applicant.

Migration Agents are legal professionals they have to maintain an obligation to all of their clients. in order to be registered as a migration agent, you must have post graduate diploma in Australian migration law or be an Australian legal professional. The Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA) website is available below to search the surname of your agent. Receiving advice from a migration agent means that you can have more confidence in the information you receive.

Migration agents also provide student services including enrolment and visa application however you can expect a higher level of professionalism, understanding and a better level of confidence with an Australian registered migration agent.

The key differences:

Education Agent

-Are very lightly regulated

-Are not allowed to give immigration or advice about visas or pathways

-Are often international students themselves

-Incentivise the workers.

Migration Agent

-Each agent regulated by MARA

-Are professionally liable if they give incorrect advice.

-Have studied migration law.

-Not sales professionals.

Choosing the right agent is an important step in choosing your studies and options in Australia or any other country.

If you want more than just a sales-person selling a course, contact a legal professional that can help you with all of your questions and the complete process. At 123 Migration we provide student placements in Australia and offer free services to a majority of our clients

Key websites:

Migration Agents Registration Authority: : https://www.mara.gov.au/

Student Visa information: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/v…

Information about immigration and visa assistance: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/v…

Current Parliamentary Enquiry: https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/p…

Many of these education agencies actually employ International students. The reason? It works two ways, students get an income, they have a network of overseas friends AND they speak another language. Language is obviously very important to recruit new students.

So what do I recommend?

-Get all your information and advice on an email from your agent!

-Pay directly to the school!

You can also ask these to your agent.

-Where are YOU registered? (not your company)

-Are you legally able to provide me with advice about Australian visas?

-Are you an international student?

-Have you ever been to Australia


Try our Student Starter here –> https://www.123migrationagent.com.au/student-starter/

Leave a Reply